CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Anger Angerrr!

As a bonded scholar who didn't major in education I'm still unhappy with the constant funneling of UK graduates into education for no reason other than "national needs".

This is the main reason why MinDEF made up its own scholarships- because they are sick of MOE stealing all the potential in Brunei.

Don't start with the Kennedy quote of what I can do for my country- I know what I want to to do for my country, and can I help it if it isn't teaching? I know people with great degrees in Mechanical Engineering, Accounting, Psychology (like me), even Pharmacy and Communication Technology- all teaching subjects like English ,Mathematics, Commerce.....

I'm totally disappointed with the 'pro-teaching' attitude in MOE- education is about goals that reach out beyond teaching and learning and into application. The current system only forces us to lower our skill level and put our lives on hold because in teaching there is no way up until you're nearer to 40 than 20.

Beware of scholarships- you may need them, but they condemn you to a lifetime of regret and uselessness.

Nothing against teachers themselves, mind you. Just those who have been funnelled, sorted, filtered, spat out and shat on when all we wanted was a career of our own

Fellow bonded people, let me as you this- do you feel like your degree was worth it now? I sure as heck don't, and I'm still wiping the brown stains off my face.

(repeated from the Brunei Resources blog- that was me too!)

1 comments:

Solfatara said...

marah saja ni eh. hehehe :D

selamat berpuasa dan berbuka puasa.

update blog ani deh. ;)

sol99
xoxo